Requirement – For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to delete multiple Custom Fields for multiple objects (Standard or Custom).
– For a developer, it would be tedious job to open and delete each field one by one using Salesforce Standard process.These type of work requests would take much more effort and time. Bulk Object Field Creator is one the best option to overcome above issue by Deleting Multiple Custom Field in few clicks.
Benefits of using BOFC Application to Delete Custom Fields:
- Supports both Standard and Custom Objects
- User can delete fields of multiple Objects in single click
- User can delete multiple fields of a multiple types in single click
- User can delete fields easily using XLS.
- Easy, Simple, Clickable process to delete fields.
Few Simple Steps to Delete Multiple Custom Fields in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Bulk Field Deletion”
2. It will open below screen for BOFC Delete Fields
User can display list of fields using two methods:
- Show Directly: Once objects are selected and this method is selected, on clicking “Display Custom Fields”, it will display the list of custom fields for the selected objects in the form of table.
- Using XLS: User can download the XLS file for all the custom fields for the selected objects. User can filter the sheet and can mark which fields needs to be deleted. Once the sheet is ready, user can upload the final sheet and can delete multiple fields in single click.
Let’s review the XLS process in detail:
Step 1. Select multiple “objects” from drop down, Select the method as Download as xls to delete fields and Click on “Download as xls” button
- Select single or multiple objects
- Select Method to Delete
- Click on Download as xls and wait for couple of seconds for process to complete (as shown in below image)
- User can click on [Download] as per above screenshot to download all fields in XLS
- Open excel and modify your field details and save file as xls or xlsx
- Open your BOFC Delete Field page and drag or select your excel file.
Step 2. Drag file on page and it displays all the fields in tabular format
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- User can filter fields by object or field names
- Pagination – This page has a pagination if count of fields is more than 80. Each page shows 80 fields. User can use “>” or “<” or “<<” or “>>” buttons to navigate on other pages.
- User can select the checkbox infront of each row.
- “Delete Fields“ – On clicking this button, it will Delete all the selected fields for object.
3. Once the Delete action is completed, it will show “Success or Error” status message in-front of each row.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Bulk Delete Multiple Salesforce Fields for Multiple Objects“****************************************
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.