ABC Company is using Salesforce to manage its Sales, Service Cloud activities. They have lot of Standard and custom objects with 300+ or 400+ fields.
ABC Company is expanding its business and want to setup a new Salesforce org which is replica of existing salesforce org. In order to replicate, they need to perform multiple activities like:
- Clone custom fields of all the Standard Objects
- Clone all Custom Object & all of its custom fields
- Clone all the validation rules
- Clone all the Page-layouts
- Clone all the record types
As both the orgs are not inter-linked to each other, Alex (an administrator of ABC Company), will have to manually copy each and every entities and complete his action.
For eg: In case, if a developer has to clone an object with 400 fields, developer would have to open each and every field, validation rules, layouts, record types for an object and clone them to new org.
These type of work requests would take much more effort and time, but with our Salesforce Appexchange Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC) App user can clone multiple objects within “Current Salesforce org” or from any “External Salesforce org” in few clicks.
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Cloning Objects:
- User can clone any type of object (Custom or Standard or Managed object) using BOFC
- Clones source object properties to any new target object
- Clone all Custom fields of Primitive field types (like text, number, currency, checkbox etc) or Relationship field types (like Lookup, Master-Child etc) or Formula types to new/existing target object
- Clone Field Permissions of Source Object Fields if user is trying to clone from same org or user can assign new Field Permissions for target object for multiple profiles
- Clone all the validation rules of Source objects to new/existing target object
- Clone all the page-layouts of Source objects to new/existing target object
- Simple Point & Click UI only.
NOTE: Along with all the actions described above, BOFC also creates any missing “Global Picklist (Value set”), if it is referred in any Picklist or Multi-Picklist field.
Few Simple Steps to Clone Object in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Clone Object”
2. It will open below screen for BOFC Clone Object
User can clone the object from different type of source orgs:
- Can clone from “Current Salesforce Org” in which BOFC is installed
- Can clone from “External Salesforce org” (Salesforce org which are linked / non-linked to current org in which BOFC is installed)
3. Select the “Source Org” from the where you want to clone the object & Enter the API name of the object.
4. Select the type of action for target object. Do you want to:
- Create New Target Object
- Use Existing Object as Target Object
5. Let’s go with “Create New Target Object“. Next, you need to select the type of actions which need to perform?
User can choose single or multiple check boxes to select the type of actions:
- Clone All Custom Fields – (Only Primitive Fields) – This means custom fields fields which are of primitive types only like Number, Text, Picklist…etc
- Clone All Relationship Fields – This means fields are of relationship types only like Master Detail, Lookup.
- Clone All Formula Fields- This means fields which are Formula or rollup summary types.
- Clone All Validation Rules- Select this checkbox if you want to clone rules
- Clone All Layouts- Select this checkbox, if you want to clone all page-layouts
6. Let’s manage the field permissions for Target Object & its fields
Here user can select multiple profiles & can choose what type of field permission should be assigned to new fields (Read or Edit).
7. Finally we are ready with all the configuration and ready to initiate the process to clone.
8. Once this blue button is clicked, it will open a small section and have some instruction in it. Just follow the instructions.
Click on “Create” button in the Status Table against each row (one by one)
Once the “Create” buttons is clicked, it will update the status against each row and will show next steps. Check the below image with some highlighted pointers:
- New Object Created Successfully
- Click “View Object” to view newly created object
- Click on create in the second row of the table one by one to create fields in the new object.
9. Click “Create” infront of each row one by one and wait for process to complete. Once all “Create” buttons are clicked, you are done with your Clone Object with all the selected actions.
10. Final Status in Green shows your actions are completed in the new/existing object.
In case, if there is any error in any type of action, then the “Error Status” section will list all the errors with their reason, so you can track those actions and fix them
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.