IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to mass clone fields from an Object (Custom or Standard or Managed) of same org or from any external non-linked Salesforce org.
It would be tedious job to copy each and every field one by one using Salesforce Standard process. These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this appexchange tool called Salesforce Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Cloning fields:
- BOFC support source object of same org or any external non-linked Salesforce org
- BOFC supports all field types i.e User can clone fields of all types
- User can clone fields of any source object (Custom or Standard or Managed) to any type of Target Object (Custom or Standard or Managed) using BOFC
- Multiple fields of Source object can be Cloned to Target object at a time
- Each field attributes or properties are Cloned
- Field Permissions for each field for all selected profiles are also cloned
- Easy, Simple, Clickable process to clone fields.
Few Simple Steps to Clone Multiple Custom Fields in Salesforce
Step 1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Bulk Clone Fields”.
Step 2. It will open below screen for BOFC Clone Fields.
User can clone the fields from different type of source orgs:
- Can clone fields from an Object in the current org in which BOFC is installed
- Can clone fields from an Object of external org which are linked / non-linked to current org in which BOFC is installed
Step 3. Select the “Source Org” from the where you want to clone the fields & Enter the API name of the source object
Step 4. Select the target object
Step 5. Let’s manage the field permissions for Target Object & its fields
Here user can select multiple profiles & can choose what type of field permission should be assigned to new fields (Read or Edit).
Step 6. Finally we are ready with all the configuration and ready to initiate the process to clone.
Click “Fetch Source Object Fields” – On clicking this button, it will fetch all the source fields of the selected source object
Step 7. Once the “Fetch Source Object Fields” button is clicked, it will display all the fields of a selected source object.
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- User can filter source fields on the basis of Field Names
- User can filter source fields on the basis of Field Types
- Pagination – This page has a pagination if count of fields is more than 80. Each page shows 80 fields. User can use “>” or “<” or “<<” or “>>” buttons to navigate on other pages.
- User can select source fields by checking check boxes in-front of each row
- Total Field Count on page & Selected field count (for clone)
- Button “Clone Fields to Target Object” – On clicking this button, it will clone all the selected source fields to target object
Step 8. Select the Fields which you want to clone by selecting checkbox in-front of each row.
Once source fields are selected, Click “Clone Fields to Target Object” button to Clone fields from Source Object to Target Object.
Step 9. Once the Clone action is completed, it will show “Success or Error” status message in-front of each row.
All the field attributes like (label, api name, description, help text, etc) are cloned and also fields permissions are cloned for each profiles.******************************************************************************
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Clone Multiple Custom Fields in Salesforce Using BOFC”