IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to Mass Compare Multiple Profiles with in same org or across multiple org. It would be tedious job to open and compare each Profile one by one using Salesforce Standard process.
These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this appexchange tool called Salesforce Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Comparing Multiple Profiles:
- Multiple Profiles can be compared in single click in single XLS sheet (check sample image for final result)
- Multiple Profiles of same org or multiple org can be compared in single click in single XLS sheet
- Supports both Standard and Custom Profiles
- Compare/Export includes following profile attributes: Object access, App access, Tab access, User & Administrative permissions, record type details, apex class access, visual-force page access, Field Permissions
- Easy, Simple, Clickable process to compare or export profiles
Profile Comparison within same Org (side-by-side)
Profile Comparison across Multiple Orgs (side-by-side)
Few Simple Steps to Compare Multiple Profiles in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Compare Multiple Profiles (side by side)”
2. It will open below screen for Managing actions on Multiple Profiles”
3. Select “Compare Multiple Profiles”
User can compare the profiles:
- Within Current Org – means profiles which needs to be compared exists in current org in BOFC is installed
- Between Current & Selected Org – means user can select the profiles which needs to be compared (with same name or different name) in both current org and selected org.
Let’s go ahead and see how it works when we are trying to compare profiles across different org.
4. Select “Between Current Org & selected Org” and it will ask user to select External org. If org doesn’t exists, user can click “Manage Org Details” to add any Org.
5. Once the External Org is selected, it will ask user to Select Profiles in each Org and Profile Attributes.
- Select single or multiple Profiles from the drop down
- Select which profile attributes needs to be compared (for eg: Object details, Apex permissions, Record type settings etc)
6. Once profiles and attributes are selected, it will ask user to select the Component Types:
- Unmanaged Components – which means components which ARE created in this org and NOT a part of any Managed Package installed in the Salesforce org
- Managed Components – which means components which are NOT created in this org and ARE a part of any Managed Package installed in the Salesforce org
7. All Set we are ready to Initiate the Process to Compare. Click on “Click to Initiate Process“
8. Once “Click to Initiate Process” button is clicked, it will display a popup on the page. This popup show the status of the process to compare multiple profiles. Wait for couple of seconds, until status is changed to “Completed” in the highlighted table.
- Status: Shows if process got completed or not
- Failure: Shows no of profiles which got error out
9. Once status is “Completed“, your comparison file is ready for export. Click on “Download” link to download in xls.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Compare and Export Multiple Profiles in Salesforce”******************************************************************************
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.