IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to Mass Compare Multiple Profiles with in same org or across multiple orgs. It would be tedious job to copy and compare each Profile one by one using Salesforce Standard process.
These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this appexchange tool called Salesforce Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Comparing Multiple Profiles:
- Multiple Profiles can be compared in single click in single xls sheet (check sample image for final result)
- Multiple Profiles of same org or multiple orgs can be compared in single click in single xls sheet
Supports both Standard and Custom Profiles
- Export includes: Object access, App access, Tab access, User & Administrative permissions, record type details, apex class access, visualforce page access, Field Permissions
- Easy, Simple, Clickable process to compare & export profiles
Few Simple Steps to Compare Multiple Profiles in Salesforce
Step 1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Compare Multiple Profiles (side by side)”
Step 2. It will open below screen for Managing actions on Multiple Profiles”
Step 3. Select “Compare Multiple Profiles”
User can compare the profiles:
- Within Current Org – means profiles which needs to be compared exists in current org in BOFC is installed
- Between Current & Selected Org – means profiles which needs to be compared with same name exists in both current org and selected org.
Let’s go ahead and see how it works when we are trying to compare profiles across different orgs.
Step 4. Click on “Between Current Org & selected Org” and it will ask user to select org. If org doesn’t exists, user can click “Manage Org Details” to add any Org.
Step 5. Once the Org is selected, it will ask user to Select multiple Profiles, Component Types.
- Select single or multiple Profiles from the drop down
- Select which profile components needs to be compared (for eg: Object details, Apex permissions, Record type settings, user permissions etc)
Step 6. Once single or multiple profiles and component types are selected, it will ask user to select whether they want to Compare only:
- Unmanaged Components – which means components which ARE created in this org and NOT a part of any Managed Package installed in the Salesforce org
- Managed Components – which means components which are NOT created in this org and ARE a part of any Managed Package installed in the Salesforce org
Step 7. All Set we are ready to Initiate the Process to Compare. Click on “Click to Initiate Process”
Step 8. Once “Click to Initiate Process” button is clicked, it will display a small section on the page. This section show the status of the process to compare multiple profiles. Wait for couple of seconds, until status is changed to “Completed” in the highlighted table.
- Status: Shows if process got completed or not
- Processed: Shows no of profiles which are successfully processed
- Failure: Shows no of profiles which got error out
Step 9. Once status is “Completed”, your comparison file is ready for export. Click on “Download” link to download in xls.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Compare and Export Multiple Profiles in Salesforce”******************************************************************************
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact-frm or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.