IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to mass compare multiple Permission Sets in xls. It would be tedious job to copy and click each Permission Set one by one using Salesforce Standard process.
These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this AppExchange app called Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Benefits of using BOFC Application to “Compare Permission Sets”
- Multiple Permission Sets can be easily Compared & exported in single click in single xls sheet. Check sample image.
- Comparison includes: Object access, App access, Tab access, User & Administrative permissions, record type details, apex class access, visualforce page access, Field Permissions.
- Easy, Simple & 1-click process to Compare & export multiple Permission Sets.
Stay up to date with the latest in BOFC - Latest features, offers, news, tips and more
Few Simple Steps to Compare Multiple Permission Sets in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Compare Multiple Permission Set (Side by Side)”
2. It will open below screen for BOFC “Managing Multiple Permission Set”
3. User can choose different actions on above screen. This below image is highlighted with number and has its description as below:
- Select single or multiple Permission Sets from the drop down
- Select which permission Set components needs to be exported (for eg: Object details, Apex permissions, Record type settings, user permissions etc)
- Select “if user wants to export components which are unmanaged or components related to managed packages and unmanaged (both)?
- Select “if user wants to export or compare Permission Set”?
- Click “Click to Initiate Export” button to export xls file for all the selected permission sets with all the selected components. It will exports single xls (with multiple tabs, one tab for each Permission Set) for all the selected Permission Sets in Salesforce.
- The Component list doesn’t have object “Fields Permissions“. To export or update Field permissions for Multiple objects and multiple Permission Sets use the “Click Here” link to open the field permissions page
4. On clicking “Click to Initiate Export“ button, it will display a small section on the page. This section show the status of your export for multiple Permission Sets Wait for couple of seconds, until status is changed to “Completed” in the export status table.
- Status: Shows if process got completed or not
- Processed: Shows no of permission sets which are successfully processed
- Failure: Shows no of permission sets which got error out
5. Once status is “Completed“, your file is ready for export. Click on “Download” link to download your Comparison sheet of Permission Sets in xls.
“Click Download Link” : On clicking this link, it will download a xls file for all the selected Permission Sets in Side-by Side format.
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
You Might Also Like...
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “Compare Multiple Permission Sets in Salesforce using BOFC App”