Yes, we can “Update” or “Import” Profile / Permission Sets using BOFC. In this feature, user will be able to clone the profile/permission sets from any external Salesforce org (org in which BOFC is not currently installed) to the org in which BOFC is installed.
In this feature, user is provided with an option to:
- “Override” any existing profiles / permission sets with the same name
- “No-Override” in which only “Clone” or “Create” the profiles which are not available.
Using BOFC all the properties of profiles/permission sets are cloned like:
- – Object Permissions
- – Application Settings
- – Record Type Settings
- – Field Permissions
- – Tab Settings
- – Page-Layout Assignments
- – System Permissions
- – Administrative & User Permissions
- – Apex Classes Permissions
- – Visualforce Pages Permissions
- – Field Level Security (Field Permissions)
- – Enabled Custom Settings Definition Access
- – Enabled Custom Metadata Type Access
- – Enabled Custom Permissions
- – Enabled Flow Access
- – Login IP Ranges
- – Login Hours and many more.
Output: All the properties are cloned for single (or multiple) profiles/permission sets from any external SF org or current org