For any Salesforce Admin or developer, if there is a requirement to find how much the field is used (usage report) in the Salesforce and export the field Usability for multiple fields for multiple objects (single or multiple) in the form of XLS.
– For a developer, it will be a tedious and time taking job. User would have to get and export field usability for single or multiple fields one by one using Salesforce Standard process. These type of work requests would take much more effort and time, but with our Salesforce AppExchange application “Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)“, user can easily “Export field usability (Single or Multiple) Objects” with in few clicks.
Benefits of using BOFC Application for Exporting Field usability:
- User can export field usability for all types of fields for single or multiple objects.
- Support any kind of objects (Standard or Custom)
- Supports the feature to find field usability for each picklist values as well
- Easy to use with few clicks
- Saves ample amount of time of doing manual work
Stay up to date with the latest in BOFC - Latest features, offers, news, tips and more
Few Simple Steps to “Export Field Usability”
Step 1. Open the BOFC Home > Export Field Usability”
Step 2. It will open below screen for “Export Field Usability” page.
Step 3. Now click “Create New Field Analyzer” Button and screen look like below image
Above image has many features (each number has its description as below):
- Give your field analyzer name
- Select object from the dropdown
- User can add SOQL query
- Click on Save button
Step 4. Once the “Save” button is clicked, it will create a new row in the main table with some links in the action column as shown below
Above image has many links to click (each link has its own functionality as described below)
– Start All Field Analysis – It will start analyzing all the fields of the selected object with respect to SOQL defined. Once this link is clicked, it will show the below popup and will start the process.
Once the process is completed, BOFC will send an email when analysis is completed (No need to keep this popup OPEN).
- You can monitor the progress of the analysis or wait for an email notification.
- Once process get completed, it will display “View Results” and “Download Results” link in the main table.
- If you are waiting for the job to complete, then please do not refresh your page and wait until Status is changed to “Completed” in below table.
- The table in the popup updates automatically after every few seconds.
- This process takes around 2-3 mins for up to 1 million records
– Start All Picklist Value Analysis – It will start analyzing all the picklist values of all the picklist fields. Once this link is clicked, it will start the process.
– View – If user want to view the field analyzer result, please click on view link to view field analyzer process result.
– Del – If user want to delete the field analysis, click on del link to delete field analyzer process.
– Download Results – Click on “Download Results” link from the above image to download the results and open the downloaded field analyzer report.
Here is the final result of field usability report (XLS):
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact or mail us: email@example.com. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.