IDEA: For any Salesforce Admin or developer, there is a requirement to Mass Export Multiple Permission Sets in xls. It would be tedious job to copy and click each Permission Set one by one using Salesforce Standard process.
These type of work requests would take more effort and time, so one of the best option to overcome this situation is by using the this AppExchange app called Bulk Object Field Creator (BOFC)
Benefits of using BOFC Application for “Export Permission Sets”
- Multiple Permission Sets can be exported in single click in single xls sheet (with each tab for each permission set).
- Export includes: Object access, App access, Tab access, User & Administrative permissions, record type details, apex class access, visualforce page access, Field Permissions.
- Easy, Simple & Clickable process to Export Multiple Permission Sets.
Few Simple Steps to Export Multiple Permission Sets in Salesforce
1. Open the BOFC Home > Click “Export Multiple Permission Set (Complete Details)”
2. It will open below screen for BOFC “Export Multiple Permission Sets”
3. User can choose different actions on Export screen. This below image is highlighted with number and has its description as below:
- Select single or multiple Permission Sets from the drop down
- Select which permission Set components needs to be exported (for eg: Object details, Apex permissions, Record type settings, user permissions etc)
- Select “if user wants to export components which are unmanaged or components related to managed packages and unmanaged (both)?
- Select “if user wants to export or compare Permission Set”?
- Click “Click to Initiate Export” button to export xls file for all the selected permission sets with all the selected components. It will exports single xls (with multiple tabs, one tab for each Permission Set) for all the selected Permission Sets in Salesforce.
- The Component list doesn’t have object “Fields Permissions”. To export or update Field permissions for Multiple objects and multiple Permission Sets use the “Click Here” link to open the field permissions page
4. On clicking the export buttons, it will display a small section on the page. This section show the status of your export for multiple Permission Sets Wait for couple of seconds, until status is changed to “Completed” in the export status table.
- Status: Shows if process got completed or not
- Processed: Shows no of permission sets which are successfully processed
- Failure: Shows no of permission sets which got error out
5. Once status is “Completed”, your file is ready for export. Click on “Download” link to download your Permission Sets export in xls.
“Click Download Link” : On clicking this link, it will download a xls file for all the selected Permission Sets. Each Permission Set is represented as a separate tab in xls. Each Tab will have complete detail of all the selected component types.
Have you started using BOFC yet? Thousands of BOFC users have been able to save time & boost productivity using our Salesforce Metadata app. Click here to install the latest version of BOFC application in your Salesforce instance & explore its complete benefits for you.
For any queries or suggestions, you can write your comment in the comment box or for further assistance contact us at https://www.bofc.io/#contact or mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our BOFC Expert will help you get the best out of it.
Have a look at step by step detailed video to “BOFC Export Multiple Permission Sets in few clicks”